Sunday, June 6, 2010

beets beets, the magical root!

A lot of new crops have appeared since I last updated this blog. The strawberries have finally finished (hooray!) and we have a variety of summer crops popping up. My newest favorite crop is the beets. They're easy to harvest and delicious, although kind of a pain to clean and prepare for the customers.

I've been doing more and more with the flowers lately too. I resisted it at first, but they're so pretty and it's actually a lot of fun to harvest them. I scoff at the flowers in grocery stores now (ha!), as they seem so bland and boring compared to what we have. If you've never seen or experienced floxgloves, zinnias, hydrangea, or goosenecks, you're missing out. I've got photos of some of them and will try to remember and take more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment