Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The beginning.

I have decided to start this blog to share my experiences while working on a small organic farm. I have just accepted an internship with Beausol Gardens, located in Pittsboro, NC.

Up to this point in my life, I haven't "grown" anything except houseplants. Now, I'm going to dive in to the farming world 100% and with any luck, learn a ton. I'm super excited.

But really, why farming? Why not live in DC like I've done for the past two years and work in a nice, clean office? Let Mother Mother explain:



Okay, back to packing. If I continue to procrastinate like this I'll never make it to the farm!

5 comments:

  1. Lisa,

    This isn't true. You are lying. We grew some lovely seedlings last summer and YOU grew a big ol squash plant. I don't remember if it ever produced a squash, but I blame Eleanor.

    :)

    - Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to comment that the secret word I had to type to post that comment was "nowness." I like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. Thanks for reminding me of all that silliness, Christine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I don't know if you know me but I'm the Bloomingdale intern Michelle told you about who is also working on a small organic farm for the summer (but in Iowa). I saw this link on your gchat and was curious! I'm glad you found a place and it looks beautiful. I move out to my farm this weekend and am excited. Anyway, I'm always happy to come across like-minded folks who are into farming and I hope your summer goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Liza! Yeah, sorry I forgot to respond to you - one of the farms that originally said they didn't have enough space for me changed their mind and it all worked out beautifully. I hope your summer farming adventures in Iowa go well - I'd love to hear about them sometime!

    ReplyDelete